Saturday 5 February 2011

Have you been to your library today?


Have you? With all the cuts and closures threatening I hope you found the time to go down to your local branch and borrow lots.
My local library is defiantly not threatened with closure, being a new building with lots of extras in it but I felt a need to go and add my voice by borrowing to the fray. I also managed to get my man to sign up and will soon be adding he's card to my wallet.
V disappointed that the woman who signed him up knew nothing about the campaign though.
Have a good weekend reading everyone!
If you want more head over to the guardians website for live coverage of the read ins and the like.

Location:Have you been to your library?

2 comments:

  1. Here in Cornwall we're getting reduced hours and staff rather than closures, but book acquisitons aren't being talked about and I'm fearful. Please rest assured that my ticket is close to its maximum and I go in and out most days on my way home from work in the knowledge that I register on the footfall counter.

    ReplyDelete