Sunday 5 December 2010

Rue Tatin recipes




Looks awesome doesn't it? I cooked a recipe from both of the memoirs and both of them were absolutely lovely.
The first was this sausage and egg salad which I served with a baked potato for a very wholesome feeling lunch.
The second was a salt roast pork dish which made a great Sunday lunch dish. I also made a beef stew based on the authors recipe for lamb stew. I just received cooking at home on Rue Tatin from Amazon and I can't wait to try out some dessert recipes.
So here goes with the recipes.
I found the exact recipe for Brigitte's green bean, smoked sausage and hard boiled egg salad over here
For this recipe I used French menguez sausages from my local market. I will be making this again!

Roast pork with salt and spice crust

Ingredients

2 dried bay leaves ground
4tsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tblsp coarse sea salt
One 2 1b (1kg) pork loin
Fresh thyme and parsley sprigs to garnish

Mix the spice and bay leaves with the salt and rub it into the skin of the pork joint.
Let the meat sit at room temp in a covered bowl for at least 1 hour and for up to 3.
Pre heat the oven to 375'f, 190'c.
Place the pork in a earthenware baking dish and pour 1 cup water around the pork. I had some red wine sitting about so I used that instead.
Put in the middle of the oven and cook till the crackling is crisp and the meat is cooked to your liking, about an hour.
Let the meat sit for half an hour before slicing and use the juices to make a gravy.

For more recipes by Loomis check out her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment